Plantar fasciitis can make it hard to do anything comfortably. Most people are on their feet throughout the day. Just walking from the bedroom to the bathroom can be painful if you have plantar fasciitis.
Below, you’ll find our expert reviews about Plantar Fasciitis Sock, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
What Causes Foot Pain?
The plantar fascia is the soft tissue that attaches the toes to the heel. It runs underneath the arch and supports it. If the fascia is inflamed or damaged, it can cause pain. This condition is called plantar fasciitis.
Some of the most common causes of plantar fasciitis are:
- Carrying extra weight
- Lack of proper support for the arch
- Poor posture
- Over-pronation (when your feet roll inward)
- High arches
- Flat feet
- Tight calves or ankles
- Walking or standing for long periods of time
Plantar fasciitis can be painful near your arch, your heel or the ball of your foot. Stress on the lower leg muscles may contribute to the condition. That stress can cause the fascia to tighten and pull on the heel, causing heel pain.
You can treat plantar fasciitis using a variety of methods, including:
You can add support and relieve pain by using plantar fasciitis socks.
Why Use Socks for Plantar Fasciitis?
Socks can help treat plantar fasciitis in several ways. They provide compression, which minimizes the vibration that occurs when your feet hit the ground. Because your arches serve as your feet’s shock absorbers, reducing the vibration can help reduce damage to the fascia.
Compression socks also promote proper circulation within the area. Adequate blood flow can help your body heal.
Because compression socks apply gentle pressure to your feet, they help keep them properly aligned. This can help when you’re walking around the house barefoot or even sleeping.
Top 7 Best Plantar Fasciitis Sock in 2022
1. Copper Compression Recovery Foot Sleeves
- MAXIMUM COPPER ADVANTAGE: Achieve lasting relief and peak performance. Whether you are living with a chronic condition or chasing personal bests, Copper Compression helps you find the STRENGTH TO HEAL. We infuse copper directly into the fibers of our fabrics—it never washes away and keeps working to extend the life of the product, delivering maximum hygienic benefits.
- ALL DAY AND NIGHT FOOT PAIN RELIEF - Copper Compression Foot Sleeves / Plantar Fasciitis Support Socks are designed to help you get the support you need for all day and all night comfort. Commonly used by people suffering from fallen arches, flat feet, heel, toe, ball of foot or bunion pain, Tailor's bunion, plantar fasciitis, plantar fascial fibromatosis (Ledderhose's disease), arthritis, and heel spurs.
- KEEP YOUR ARCHES, FEET, AND PLANTAR FASCIA COMPRESSED with our ultra comfortable copper infused compression strap that can be worn comfortably under your socks and shoes to give your support and relief throughout the day.
- LONG LASTING + WEAR THEM EVERYDAY - Copper Compression compression socks fit extremely comfortable and can be worn everyday to help you get the support you need! Our high quality fabric will also withstand washing and will not lose its function over the course of time like many other products!
- 100% HAPPINESS GUARANTEE - In the very unlikely event that you do not absolutely love this Copper Compression Plantar Fasciitis Support Wrap, for any reason whatsoever, we'll refund you the full price no questions asked. That's how confident we are that you'll be happy with this purchase.
This foot sleeve offers supportive compression along with the benefits of copper. The copper ions in the sock help relieve stiff, sore muscles.
- Offer more support than many other plantar fasciitis socks.
- Can also help relieve the pain of arthritis or foot injuries.
- Sizing is not based on shoe size; may be difficult to order the right size.
- Some people say the socks develop holes easily.
2. Gr8 Sport + Life Unisex Plantar Fasciitis Ankle Compression Sleeve
This sock helps compress your foot from just above the toes to the ankle. The anti-odor fabric is convenient in warm weather or when you wear the socks during a workout.
- Provides adequate compression without squeezing your toes.
- Very tight on the ankle, which can help people who need more ankle support.
- Some wearers say this sock is not supportive enough.
- May lose compression over time.
3. Endurance Shield 360 Premium Compression Foot Sleeve
- COMPRESSION TECHNOLOGY: Engineered compression foot sleeves to provide superior relief of plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, arch pain, foot pain and discomfort. Optimal support for muscle endurance and ultra-fast recovery.
- LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIAL: Professional grade material (nylon & lycra blend). Designed for comfort and ultra-durability. Developed by athletes to relieve common foot pain and discomforts.
- IMPROVE CIRCULATION: Precision support to provide optimal comfort and help improve muscular endurance. Designed to boost circulation so you can speed up your recovery times.
- OPTIMAL SIZING: These compression foot sleeves are perfectly sized for men and women (please view chart on the right).
- 100% BETTER THAN MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If for any reason you don't absolutely love your Endurance Shield 360 compression sleeves, just return them and we'll refund every single penny or send you a replacement! This is our iron-clad, best promise in the industry guarantee!
These sleeves extend higher up the calves than some of the other options. This can provide support to the muscles in your lower calves and ankles, which may play a role in your plantar fasciitis.
- Graduated compression to provide optimal support to different areas of the foot.
- Wearers say that these socks have helped relieve everything from plantar fasciitis to shin splints.
- Many wearers say they’re as comfortable as regular socks.
- May not offer enough compression.
- Some people say that the seams unravel with multiple washings.
4. Sox Sport Plantar Fasciitis Arch Support Low Cut Socks
- VITALSOX EXCLUSIVE SILVER DRYSTAT- Vitalsox technical performance material designed using Quick Drying Polypropylene infused with the benefits of SILVER
If wearing a sleeve with a sock seems cumbersome, you can try using these full socks. They provide compression and also cover your toes like a regular sock. You can wear them with gym shoes or running shoes for additional support while you work out.
- Silver-infused material resists bacteria and odors.
- Four-way stretch provides consistent compression.
- Extra support in the arch and heel cup.
- May not provide the intense support that you need.
- The tops may not come down as low as you prefer.
5. Feetures! Plantar Fasciitis Calf Sleeve
This sleeve comes up to your knee, providing gradual compression along the way. A dedicated right and left foot provides a better fit.
- Power Arch technology provides support where you need it most.
- Moisture-wicking fabric reduces friction and odor.
- No irritating toe seam.
- Tall sock may not be versatile or comfortable for everyone.
6. Physix Gear Sport Plantar Fasciitis Socks
- ✅ QUICK RELIEF WITH NO MOTION RESTRICTION for Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendonitis, Heel Spurs, Swollen Ankles, High Arches, Muscle & Foot Pain. These plantar fasciitis socks women & men love will help you stand & walk freely again!
- ✅ NO RISK PURCHASE: We commit no-hassle returns on our Compression Ankle Socks for Women & Men if they fail to meet your expectations. Contact us, and we'll assist you right away! No questions asked!
- ✅ EASY TO WASH & MAINTAIN: Physix arch & foot compression socks wash well manually or by machine and dries quickly without shrinking, wrinkling, or losing compression.
- ✅ 80% NYLON/20% SPANDEX BLEND: The right balance of compression & comfort, giving our ankle compression socks for women & men the elasticity to mold to the shape of ankles & feet and get back to form when stretched out.
- ✅ TRUE GRADUATED PLANTAR FASCIITIS COMPRESSION SOCKS: Best heel brace designed with a targeted ankle to metatarsal compression, addressing achilles tendonitis & splint pain by compressing the plantar fascia ligament without restricting blood flow
This sleeve is comfortable and offers compression while allowing movement. It holds the foot at the correct angle even when you’re sleeping.
- Lightweight fabric is comfortable and breathable.
- Retain shape and firm compression over time.
- Thin fabric fits comfortably with your regular socks.
- Some wearers felt that these were too snug.
- May be difficult to put on.
7. ZaTech Plantar Fasciitis Sock
- Foot Pain RELIEF & Therapy Socks with Targeted Compression layers to the Ankle, Arch & Achilles tendon that Improve the Blood Flow, Alleviate Swelling, Boost the Performance, Relieve Pain & Discomfort related to Plantar Fasciitis, Heel & Arch Pain
- TRUE SEAMLESS Toe that Prevent Additional Friction & Blisters, without cushioning. Anatomical Left & Right Foot Design - providing most comfortable Second Skin Fit & Foot Stability, Endurance, Stamina, Circulation and Injury Recovery
- Your GO TO Energizing Socks for Everyday Use, combining the features of a foot sleeves & a light ankle brace. Perfect for All SPORTS & Daily Activities, Hiking, Running, Dance, Biking, Walking, Gym Workout, Cycling, Standing long hours, Golf, Fitness
- Your FEET will THANK YOU - Prevent, Protect & Heal Foot Injuries - Shin Splints, Cramps, Pulled muscles, Heel cup issues, Sprained Ankle, Stress fracture, Achilles tendonitis, Soothes tired feet, Muscle Fatigue, Reduces Inflammation; for Men & Women
- QUALITY & DURABILITY in Socks Matter – made in Europe from High End Lightweight, Moisture Wicking, Quick Drying Fabrics with Breathable mesh zones to Improve Airflow and Regulate the Foot Temperature. 85 % Polyamide/15 % Spandex, 1 Pair.
Left and right foot design helps these socks fit better than others. This places the arch support in the correct place. These may have the most effective compression out of all of the socks that we reviewed.
- Seamless toe closure is comfortable.
- Moisture-wicking and quick-drying.
- Fit like a second skin.
- Strong compression may take some getting used to.
- Some wearers say they are too tight in the ankle.
The Bottom Line
Socks for plantar fasciitis can help you retain your range of motion while getting the support you need. The more comfortable they are, the more likely you are to wear them. Wearing compression socks for plantar fasciitis can help you stay active.
If the sock covers your toes, you don’t need to wear an additional sock with it. If it’s an open-toed sleeve, you can wear your regular socks over or under it.
Most wearers find that they get more compression from a sleeve than a sock. Depending on your condition, you may prefer a sock that comes higher on your leg. This can alleviate muscle fatigue in your calves.
Plantar fasciitis socks are not designed for immediate recovery. It will take time, rest and possibly additional therapy for your condition to get better. Be patient with yourself as you take care of your body so that it can heal.
Last update on 2022-10-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API