Plantar Fasciitis is a painful condition that might necessitate new shoes among other treatment options. Of course, the shoes that address your plantar fasciitis aren’t always the most stylish. But who says though that fashion has to hurt your plantar fascia?
Our Experts have researched out the top 8 Best Plantar Fasciitis Shoes which are podiatrist and Simply stylish which will not hurt your plantar fasciitis.
Dr. Friedman, a podiatrist practicing out of Suffern NY has taken the grumblings of his more fashion sensitive patients to heart and assembled a list of shoes that he recommends for their, “ better than average support and….removable liners allowing you to use your own orthotic or arch support.”
Dr. Friedman also suggests that you have your foot measured while standing, to get an accurate gauge of both foot length and width. So without further ado let’s explore the more fashionable side of plantar fascia friendly footwear. You should also use Plantar Fasciitis Socks with shoes.
Top 8 Best Plantar Fasciitis Shoes in 2022
1. Clarks – Un.Loop Slip on
- Air Circulation System circulates air to help keep feet fresh and dry.
- Outsole features ultra flex grooves for a smooth walking gait.
- EVA insole, midsole and outsole deliver lightweight cushioning.
- Leather upper, lambskin leather upper lining, leather sockliner, EVA insole and midsole...
- EVA outsole with rubber pods. Heel Height: 1 inch.
The Un.Loop Slip is incredibly comfortable. The Un. – short for unstructured- denotes a roomier fit, ideal for inserting your own orthotics and getting the arch support dialed in just right. It features plenty of padding, great for those that want to avoid any kind of break in period. Some wearers have commented on the ample space in the toe box area and that orthotics aren’t even really needed. These plantar fasciitis shoes are sure to be an instant favorite, but tread lightly as they might wear out faster than expected.Check Price on Amazon
2. Dansko – Professional Patent Clog
- Leather and or fabric uppers
- Padded instep collar for comfort when walking
- Roomy reinforced toe box for protection with plenty of "wiggle room" for your toes
- PU outsole with rocker bottom to propel foot forward and provide shock absorption
- Wide heel strike for greater stability
Dansko, a Danish shoemaker, should be familiar to most people even prior to the onset of their plantar fasciitis symptoms. The Danes have a reputation for designing clogs specifically aimed at providing arch support and not to mention, a healthy slice of cushioning. A favorite among nurses and other professionals who need to remain on their feet all day, the Dansko cushion is remarkable in offering comfort without sacrificing temperature control thanks to its breathability. The rocker bottom creates a smooth heel to toe transition that reduces plantar fascia shock. The padded upper is also a nice touch for comfort seekers.
At a glance: The epitome of a professional, yet supportive shoe to target heel pain.Check Price on Amazon
3. Fitflop – Lulu Thong Sandal
- Microwobbleboard technology – reduced muscle activity so you can keep moving for longer
- Firm at the heel to reduce impact, soft in the middle to maximise comfort, medium at the toes to help you ‘push off’
- FitFlop's minimalist Lulu sandals feature a timeless triangular vamp, softly padded leather uppers and FitFlop's legendary ergonomic Microwobbleboard midsoles
- The classic pick for those who are limiting themselves to a single pair a season
- style: Heels Sandals
If flip flops, with their general lack of arch support and cushion, got you into this plantar fasciitis mess, then perhaps fitflops can get you out of it? The Lulu Thong Sandals was designed by two biomechanics and their strategy was an elegantly simple one…place three layers of density foam to create a maximum amount of custom arch support. One wearer called it, “the most wonderful shoe ever.” If you can’t resist the siren call of flip flops during your plantar fasciitis recovery period, try on a pair of the Lulu Thong Sandals. Your plantar fascia will thank you later.
At a glance: flip flops biomechanically engineered to offer arch support and loads of cushionCheck Price on Amazon
4. Vionic – Orthaheel Tide II
- Leather & Textile or Natural Cork & Textile. EVA Footbed. Durable Rubber Outsole. Received American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance
- YOUR NEW FAVORITE SANDALS: A top selling classic, our iconic Tide flip flop is now available in a fresh new color palette. With classic neutrals and metalllics, there's more to love than ever before.
- EVERYDAY SUPPORT: A podiatrist-designed footbed built into every pair of Vionic sandals, slippers, active shoes and flats promotes stability from the ground up.
- VIONIC SHOES: Vionic brings together style and science, combining innovative biomechanics with the most coveted trends.
Recently Vionic has made a name for itself with its orthaheel technology, an arch support design that allows plantar fasciitis sufferers to wear flip flops without deteriorating their condition. The orthaheel is APMA certified and is an excellent step forward (pun intended) in the field of orthotics. The heel cup delivers stability generally lacking in most flip flops and focuses on providing a comfortable, yet firm midsole that drives tension away from the plantar fascia. The arch support may take a few hours of getting used. Nevertheless, one wearer said it best in stating, “from the moment I put them on I knew they would be my summer shoes.”
At a glance: Orthopedic flip flops with APMA certified technology, great for the summer or around the house.Check Price on Amazon
5. Vionic – Amber
The fact that their technology is certified by the American Podiatric Medical Association, lets you know that these shoes come with a rare stamp of approval from podiatrists.The Vionic Amber, again makes full use of the orthaheel technology. The additional straps makes for a snugger fit, perfect for wearers who battle the excessive movements that can contribute to heel pain. The cork upper bed is great at removing moisture, and again the deep heel cup offers excellent stability uncharacteristic of open toed shoes. Either the Vionic Tide flip flop or the Vionic Amber delivers the essential arch support you need to alleviate plantar fasciitis pain.
At a glance: A sandal that podiatrists enthusiastically recommend to their patients.Check Price on Amazon
6. Mephisto – Helen Thong Sandal
- Asymmetric thong sandal with adjustable buckled strap featuring cork midsole and contoured footbed
Mephisto, a French company, has designed shoes for walking and all-day comfort for nearly half a century. Helen Thong Sandal fans, laud the shoes for their superior arch support and durability. They may look like an oridinary sandal, but under the cork is a latex footbed there to seamlessly mold to your arch. The craftsmanship of this sandal is truly outstanding, as wearers have noted. Remember that these are European shoes and the sizing conversion can be a tad tricky, but well worth the effort.
At a glance: Handcrafted French sandals with a contoured, shock absorbing footbed.Check Price on Amazon
7. Merrell – Jungle Moc Slip On
- Comfort features like pigskin lining and an Ortholite footbed make this slip-on the perfect everyday companion
- Compression molded EVA footframe provides cushioning
- Merrell air cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability and breathable mesh lining
The quintessential shoe for Merrell fans, also delivers a surprising amount of support and fit. One wearer exclaimed, “ like wearing a gel mat,” and that’s no exaggeration since it offers both a midsole cushion and a molded foot-frame. A company that prides itself in designing comfortable shoes for on and off the hiking trail, Merrel brings its expertise to bare on this more casual everyday shoe. They can easily accommodate your orthotics and the leather upper comes with elastic panels for a flexible, snug fit.
At a glance: A supportive walking shoe married with the classic Merrell look.Check Price on Amazon
8. Propet – Breeze Walker
- Polyurethane sole
- PU outsole provides cushion, traction and durable wear and walking comfort
- Foam-padded footbed with microfiber sock lining
Generally speaking sandals tend to be aggravators of plantar fasciitis symptoms, but not Propets. They pack a lot of cushion into a 1.25” heel and perhaps most significantly, are a great deal for those who love the look of Clarks but not necessarily the price. The straps, offer a custom fit that will help with stability and the built-in arch support protects your plantar fascia from tension. One wearer said, “ I would give them six stars if I could.” Comfort without any of the chunkiness we would expect.
At a glance: A supportive sandal, that offers a sweet style at an even sweeter price point.
Last update on 2022-10-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API