Ah, summer. Long days, warm sunshine, running barefoot through the park and—foot pain? Do your feet hurt all summer long? It could be because summer shoes often lack the support of the shoes that you wear all winter. In this summer you should buy Best Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis.
It’s hot outside, and you don’t want to wear enclosed shoes. Plus, you need something to wear to the beach, and sneakers just aren’t convenient. Best Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis also make you comfortable and cushioned. However, your regular sandals just aren’t cutting it. After a day on your feet, your pain intensifies.
What’s more, just walking around your house barefoot can make the pain worse. Arch support flip flops can be kept next to your bed to slip on as you’re going about your daily routine. They also make an ideal alternative to close-toed shoes when it’s hot and humid outside.
Flip flops for plantar fasciitis provide the support you need whether you’re home or on the beach. Don’t let summer get you down just because you can’t find a comfortable shoe that supports your arch.
Best Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
Below, you’ll find our expert reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Benefits of Arch Support Flip Flops
There’s nothing like coming home at the end of the day and putting your feet up. However, that refreshing feeling can be ruined when you take a barefoot step on a hard floor. Foot conditions like arthritis and plantar fasciitis can be made worse by walking around with no arch support.
Still, if your foot has been cooped up all day, you might want to allow it to breathe. Also, if you live in a warm climate, sneakers and slippers just get to be too hot.
If you’ve ever worn a flat flip flop for an extended period, you might already know that it can make your foot pain worse. Many flip flops have no shock absorption and can intensify pain in the heels, arches and balls of your feet. You need to buy best Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis.
Flip flops designed for people with foot problems can help you stay more comfortable throughout the year. They’re not as effective as fully orthotic shoes, but they’re definitely more convenient at times.
What Does the Research Show?
Many studies have found that wearing orthotics can help alleviate and prevent pain in people with foot problems. Orthotics are especially helpful when used in conjunction with other treatments.
Few, if any studies have looked specifically at the benefits of flip flops with arch support for people with plantar fasciitis. However, many arch support flip flops are designed like the orthotics that you would put in your shoes.
That means that you’ll get the proper design underfoot to help alleviate pain associated with plantar fasciitis and other foot conditions. You should note that it has been shown that people who walk in flip flops may alter their gait.
When you wear flip flops, you use your toes to hold onto the shoes. That may cause you to take shorter strides and hit the ground differently with your heel. This can make foot pain worse. Also, thong-style flip flops can make the pain of bunions and hammer toes more intense.
If arch support flip flops aren’t helping your foot pain, you may want to consider a slipper for plantar fasciitis.
1. Sketchers Reggae-Rasta Thong Sandal
- Thong-strap sandal featuring adjustable hook-and-eye strap and perforated footbed with contouring and arch support
This thong sandal has a strap that goes across the top of the foot. This prevents the foot from sliding and can also help relieve the pressure on your toes from holding onto the shoe.
- Adjustable strap
- More arch support than many sandals/flip flops
- Contoured foot bed matches your foot’s shape
- Perforated foot bed for breathability
- Not specifically designed for people with foot problems
- Molded foot bed may not be comfortable if it doesn’t match the shape of your foot
- Sole could be more flexible
2. Spenco Yumi Sandal Flip Flop
- Orthotic-grade arch support
- Metatarsal dome
- Deep heel cupping
- Zero-drop heel lift
- Compression molded Eva foot bed
This style is available in several colors and fabrics. All of them have an EVA foot bed that molds itself to the shape of your foot over time.
- Deep heel cup for added support and cushioning
- Available in regular and wide widths, so they work well for people with wide or narrow feet
- Medium arch support
- Zero-drop heel lift may promote gentler heel striking and less pronation
- Available in whole sizes only
- Some wearers say that the foot bed is too soft
- Thong is wide and stiff and may irritate the area between your toes
- Bottoms may be slippery on hard surfaces
3. OluKai Ohana Sandal
- THE ULTIMATE BEACH SANDAL: In Hawai‘i, ‘ohana isn’t just immediate family; an ‘ohana is a sanctuary of friends and family where you can just be yourself. With that in mind, we crafted the classic Ohana women's sandal, your go-to choice for everyday style. A water-resistant sandal with a smooth drop-in footbed for the perfect anatomical fit, the Ohana makes your feet feel at home.
- WATER-RESISTANT & QUICK-DRY: Beach sandals, flip-flops and slides, comfort and style, all come together in the Ohana sandal, featuring water-resistant synthetic straps with ultra-soft, quick-drying jersey knit lining and a soft nylon toe post for that ultra-comfy fit.
- ALL-DAY COMFORT: The compression-molded EVA midsole with smooth drop-in ICEVA footbed provides an anatomical fit for sustained all-day comfort.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, DURABLE & STYLISH: The Ohana sandal features a non-marking rubber outsole with razor-siped edges to enhance traction on wet surfaces for shoes with non-slip safety. Available in womens shoe size 5 - 12.
- ONE YEAR WARRANTY: As a testament to our quality construction, all OluKai footwear is backed by a guarantee against manufacturer’s defects for one full year from the date of purchase, including defects such as frayed or loose stitching and straps pulling out where soles are not excessively worn. Footwear covered by the guarantee will be replaced at Olukai’s discretion. See our website for more information.
These sandals won’t get ruined when they get wet. This makes them ideal for the beach or pool.
- Natural rubber soles won’t scuff surfaces
- Breathable and quick-drying
- Proper medial and lateral arch support
- Generous toe box
- Deep heel cut provides stability and shock absorption
- Heel cup may be uncomfortable at first
- Straps may feel snug initially
- Might be better for a narrower foot
Best Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis for Men
1. Healing Sole Plantar Fasciitis Flip Flop Treatment
This flip flop is designed more as a treatment than a fashion piece. However, its neutral look is appealing.
- Rocker bottom helps reduce shock
- Zero-drop heel
- Designed to stretch the foot and calf, which can help relieve plantar fasciitis pain
- Lifts the big toe to prevent gripping that can make pain worse
- Unique fit may take some getting used to
- Must be fitted perfectly to provide optimal benefits
- Rigid sole
- Not many reviews
2. Vionic Bryce Toe Post Sandal
This leather sandal provides a sporty, high-quality look. It is recommended by podiatrists and has the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- Well made
- Provide more support than many other brands
- EVA midsole absorbs shock
- Smooth thong is comfortable between the toes
- May be slippery when wet
- Straps may feel snug on wider feet
- Water and sun may cause more wear and tear
3. Orthaheel Wave Sandals
- Nylon Webbing Upper. EVA Footbed. Durable Rubber Outsole.
- EVERYDAY SUPPORT: A podiatrist-designed footbed built into every pair of Vionic sandals, slippers, active shoes and flats promotes stability from the ground up. Received APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association) Seal of Acceptance
- YOUR NEW FAVORITE SANDALS: Our unisex toe-post sandal features soft nylon webbing and our biomechanically designed footbed that hugs your arches and supports your feet in all-day comfort.
- If you are a half size, we recommend ordering the nearest size down. Fits medium widths. This is a Unisex Sandal.
- VIO MOTION SUPPORT: The Most Supportive Shoes Ever. Our Vio-Motion Support includes Three-Zone Comfort with Ultimate Arch Support for a difference you can feel.
These sandals are available for both women and men. The synthetic material stands up to sand and salt water.
- Podiatrist-designed foot bed
- Help align the feet properly
- Provide stability and support
- Deep heel cup
- Unique support may take some getting used to
- May not fit well on narrow feet
- Could get slippery when wet
The Bottom Line
Sometimes you just want to take off your supportive shoes. The good news is that these flip flops for plantar fasciitis help you get the support you need when you’re practically barefoot.
They fit more snugly than many traditional flip flops. This allows you to walk normally and prevents you from changing your gait. They absorb shock and help stabilize your foot. Many wearers say that these arch support flip flops have helped heal their foot problems for good.
Last update on 2022-10-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API