Whether you’re on your feet for a good portion of your day at home or your job requires you to stand for long hours, you may experience pain in your feet or legs at the end of the day. Often, this pain is the result of improper shoes that don’t provide the support and comfort your working feet need. The best shoes for standing all day must be durable, supportive, stabilizing, and comfortable and safe enough for your needs at home or work.
5 Best Shoes for Standing All Day
Without further ado, lets dive into the Best Shoes for Standing out there for those who are constantly upright and don’t get much chair time.
1. New Balance Men’s Training Shoe
These are the Best Overall in Best Shoes for Standing all day. The New Balance Men’s Training Shoe is one of the best shoes for standing all day, as it provides plenty of support for those who stand all day. These shoes have a unique collar that gives your ankles and heels support while the extra layer of foam provides the comfort you need. The midsole had injection-molded foam that keeps it firm for arch support, but also flexible.
- Leather exterior and rubber sole for durability
- Internal shank for extra support
- Wide widths and several color options available
- Some don’t experience enough comfort around the upper heel
- Narrower than some
2. Nike Air Zoom Vomero 10
These are the Runner-Up in Best Shoes for Standing. The Nike Air Zoom Vomero 10 is the ultimate shoe for comfort and support for all-day wear. The stylish design also offers a breathable mesh upper to keep sweat at bay. Nike uses Flywire cables throughout the shoe design to provide extra support to your feet and ankles, while also providing the flexibility and comfort you need.
- Several color options
- Breathable upper may help keep your feet dry and cool through the day
- Rubber sole for excellent traction on many surfaces.
- Not available in wide widths
- May have a narrower toe area than other shoes
3. Skechers for Work Men’s Felton Slip-Resistant Shoe
- Supportive work shoe featuring lace-up vamp, logos on tongue/side, and reinforced stitching
- Padded tongue and collar
- Memory foam padded insole insert
- Soft fabric shoe lining with shock absorbing midsole
- OSHA-complaint nitrile outsole
The Skechers for Work Men’s Felton shoes is an excellent choice for those who stand throughout the day and also work with heavy objects and surfaces that may have some water. These shoes not only provide high levels of comfort and support, but they also feature slip-resistant soles and technology that can prevent injury from electrical hazards in flooring. The midsole design will also keep your feet in place through the day to keep your feet and joints aligned properly.
- Extra protection against electrical hazards
- Slip-resistant soles
- Steel toe for added safety in the workplace
- Limited color options (black and white)
- May not hold up to long-term wear and tear like others
4. Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk 4
Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk 4 is one of the most comfortable shoes for women who stand all day, but also give you safety with a gripping, synthetic sole and the perfect hug around the curves of your feet for stability. The Goga Max insole is designed to give you shock absorption, while also providing the right amount of bounce for comfort as you step. These shoes are extremely lightweight.
- Several color options to meet your needs for work or home
- Lightweight design wont weigh down your feet and legs
- Ultimate cushion in the insole for all-day wear
- Non-functioning laces may not provide as much stability as some need
- Not waterproof
5. Sloggers Women’s Rain and Garden Shoe
- Includes Sloggers' exclusive "All-Day-Comfort" insole for maximum comfort.
- Heavy duty lug tread for excellent traction.
- Fit info: Whole sizes only. Fits true to size. Half sizes order up. For a perfect fit, search for the Sloggers Half Sizer insole (style 330BK, ASIN B000KMA9X6).
- Hose off or wipe with wet cloth. Removable insole, soak and air dry to clean.For replacement insoles order direct from Sloggers.
- Made in USA from 100% recyclable material. Non latex. Vegan friendly
The Sloggers Women’s Rain and Garden Shoe may be a good choice for nurses or those in other professions who need waterproof and non-slip shoes. Although the shoes are meant for those who typically work outdoors, they still provide excellent support and comfort for long work days.
The All Day Comfort insole is 7 mm thick and can also provide further protection against water to keep your feet dry. The insole is also specially designed to hold the shape of the shoe while also providing your feet stabilizing support to prevent pain and injury.
- Good option for those who work on surfaces with water
- Several color options available, including plain black
- Deep tread for traction on a variety of surfaces
- No options for wide widths
- May run a bit larger than other shoes
What to Look for in the Best Shoes for Standing All Day
The choice for best shoes for standing all day will vary from person to person. The best shoes for nurses, for example, may be different than the best shoes for fast food workers or construction workers. Nurses may be on their feet for full-day shifts, so the best nursing shoes would need to have an outstanding comfort and support level. Fast food workers, on the other hand, need waterproof, non-slip shoes for comfort and safety.
The most important criteria for your best shoes for standing is to pinpoint what you need in a shoe for your work and home environment. Then, consider these other factors:
Clunky, heavy shoes will fail to feel comfortable after a couple of hours on your feet. If you stand and walk throughout the day, you may want to consider a lightweight, flexible shoe that doesn’t make you feel like you’re wearing it. Innovative technology in newer shoes has made it more common for shoes to have several helpful features, while still feeling light on your feet.
Long-Term Support and Durability
When you use the same shoes every day for work, they may wear out faster than other shoes. But, worn-out shoes can cause significant damage to your feet, ankles, and legs. And, a shoe that’s so worn that its tread is barely visible can cause dangerous slips and falls in the workplace. It’s important to purchase quality shoes from brands you can trust to hold up to the test of time. A durable shoe will also maintain its shape better to support your feet.
Comfort and Breathability
Of course, comfort should be one of your main factors in considering the right shoe. Look for pairs with a comfortable liner that offers plenty of cushion and shock absorption. And, a breathable design and materials can help keep your feet dry through long days of standing at work or home.
Last update on 2022-06-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API